What is your name, and can you tell us a little about yourself?
1. My name is Ben Lehman I’m 29 live in Peterborough Ontario Canada. I have several hobbies I enjoy when in not driving hunting fishing and shooting pretty much being outdoors
2. I’ve grown up around it my father was a driver same with my grandfather he drove up to 2000 and just being involved with the industry.
3. I started by working with my father through out high school then there was a gap before I went for my license
How long have you been a truck driver?
4. I started driving in march 2006 7 years if math is right
What do you like or dislike about being a truck driver?
5. What I like about the job is the scenery for one you get to see some amazing country and I’ve met some amazing people also in my travels I also crave the challenge this career can provide and as for what I dislike is the attitude of a lot of people on the road the disrespect the ignorance and the plan selfishness that I’ve seen and the lack of training that some drivers have
6. My first OTR job was with a large carrier I fell for his pitch hook line and sinker I was there for a year and a half it was the worse experience of my career
Who do you drive a truck for?
7. I drive for a small carrier out of my home town called C&J Enterprises we have 5 trucks 3 brokers 2 company
Are you happy working for them?
8. I’m very happy I get great miles home time when wanted and the boss works with you for example I have a trip to Nova Scotia coming up and to be cheaper he found freight near were myself and my girlfriend are going and I never have to “chase” him for my paycheck
Do you have any regrets?
9. I have no regrets about becoming a driver and I haven’t looked back yet
Is there anything else you want to tell us about truck driving?
10. I just would like to add that I wish more drivers would take the time to respect where they stop and park as in not throwing garbage and p! $$ bottles everywhere take the time to clean up after yourselfs remember we are professionals we represent ourselfs our employer so take pride in yourself