Does your trucking company give you the best and what you deserve as a truck driver? If it’s so, make the whole world know about it! It’s the time of the year again when Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) opens its nominations for the annual Best Fleets to Drive For survey and contest. Now on its 6th year, company drivers and truck operators get to nominate trucking companies until 5:00 pm of November 1, 2013. As an annual evaluation of the trucking industry employers, Carriers Edge of Markham, Ontario will conduct the TCA survey.
So who made it in last year’s survey? Take a look at the brief company profiles of the top 5 and see if they make it again in 2014.
- Brian Kurtz Trucking Ltd. Specializing in regular LTL and truckload service between Southwestern Ontario, Canada and the 48 states, this company has been in existence since 1980. The company provides services in temperature control, hazardous materials, expedite, Canadian border crossing, and one call logistics.
- Erb Group of Companies. This company specializes in temperature-controlled, time-sensitive food transportation. It has been in operation since 1959 from a company that started out as a one-man operation. Currently, Erb Group of Companies employs 1,300 staff and over 140 owner/operators throughout its network of ten terminals.
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. FCC strives to be a low cost carrier as it provides quality equipment, personnel, and services to its valued customers. Established in 1966 as a premier transportation and logistics company, it has a wide coverage throughout the United States and Canada. It offers transportation services such as dedicated, medium to long-haul van, Midwest regional, local van capacity and flatbed. Approximately, it offers 315 trucks, 100 flatbed, curtain-side and step-deck trailers and 700 high-cubed dry vans.
- FTC Transportation, Inc. As a full-contract carrier, FTCT offers competitive truckload hauling across the United States as well as tractor and trailer maintenance services and a trailer drop yard. In 2013 TCA Best Fleets to Drive For awards, FTCT was recognized for being a core carrier of Feed the Children, Inc. where their truck drivers helped with hunger and relief efforts through the United States. They personally put food boxes and other personal care items to those who need it the most.
- Gordon Trucking, Inc. With over 2,000 trucks, GTI is hailed as one of the most reliable and safest truckload carriers in North America. It offers regional and trans-continental truckload services within Canada and across the United States. They offer customized transportation solutions like fleets dedicated to customers and on-site transportation management to some of the most successful companies in North America. GTI is featured in a four-minute segment in the seventh season of “The World’s Greatest…”. The episode focuses on the milestones of GTI under the episodes category of truckload services provided, driver comfort and retention, and technological advancements of the company.